FAQs about Microsoft Copilot
- What does a Microsoft Copilot license cost?Right now, the cost of Copilot is $30 per user, per month – with an annual license commitment. This means it will cost you $360 to get access to the tool for a year.
- Do I need to have a specific Microsoft business license type to get Microsoft CoPilot?The short answer – yes. To utilize and purchase a Microsoft CoPilot license, you must have an E3 or E5 business license. These licenses currently cost $36 and $57 per user, per month. So, with an additional CoPilot license you would be looking at $66 and $87 per user, per month.
- Where does CoPilot work within the Microsoft ecosystem?Microsoft CoPilot works within the basic Microsoft Suite which includes: Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Does Microsoft CoPilot include a chat feature like ChatGPT? Yes, Microsoft CoPilot includes the release of Microsoft 365 Chat – a tool that is designed to access ALL the data in an individual’s Microsoft 365 ecosystem (their emails, their documents, their Teams chats, etc.) Similar to how ChatGPT uses all available information on the internet (up to a certain point in time) Microsoft 365 Chat uses your own data to help with tasks such as: summarizing unread messages, creating meeting agendas based on notes, creating document outlines, and more.
- Who can use Microsoft CoPilot?As of January 15th, 2024, CoPilot is available to any E3 or E5 Microsoft business license holder for an additional cost of $360 a year.
- When was Microsoft CoPilot released?CoPilot was released to businesses of all sizes on January 15th, 2024. It was available before that to enterprise sized businesses but has only just been made available to mid-sized and small businesses.
In today’s fast-paced and dynamic business environment, efficiency and productivity are essential to increasing success – and thankfully, we have the help of AI. The latest AI release comes to us from Microsoft. Microsoft’s Copilot AI, integrated seamlessly across various applications in the Microsoft 365 suite, is a momentous change for businesses seeking to streamline workflows, enhance collaboration, and elevate the overall productivity of their teams. As of January 15th, Copilot is available to businesses of all sizes and can be added to E3 and E5 business licenses.
Now, let’s explore how Microsoft Copilot can transform the way you work acrossyour Microsoft suite -Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Microsoft 365 Chat.
Copilot in Microsoft Teams: Facilitating Seamless Collaboration
Microsoft Teams has become a critical hub for teamwork, and Copilot takes collaboration to the next level. By analyzing chat threads, Copilot can intelligently identify the right people for follow-up tasks, remind you of tasks assigned to you via a message, and analyze a thread.This new capability ensures that no critical action item falls through the cracks, enhances accountability, and helps teams with project management. Additionally, Copilot can effortlessly create meeting agendas based on message history, streamlining the pre-meeting preparation process, and acting as an assistant to every employee. Scheduling check-ins with team members becomes a breeze, fostering better communication and coordination.
Example Microsoft Copilot prompts you could use in Microsoft Teams:
- Find the right people for follow-ups tasks based on your chat threads
- Create a meeting agenda based on chat history
- Scheduling the check-ins with people
Copilot in Microsoft Word: Elevating Your Document Creation Process
When it comes to document creation in Microsoft Word, Copilot becomes your trusted companion. It goes beyond simple suggestions, offering the ability to add content to existing documents, summarize text, and even rewrite sections or entire documents for conciseness. While many have come to know and trust ChatGPT, you can now do that in a system you already know and trust. Whether you’re looking to strengthen your arguments, smooth out inconsistencies, or adopt a specific tone—from professional to casual—Copilot is there to guide you, making your writing more impactful and polished. For employees or businesses that do a lot of document creation, this tool alone could help you employees be both more efficient and more successful.
Examples of how Microsoft Copilot could help you:
- Copilot can add content to existing documents, summarize text, and rewrite sections or the entire document to make it more concise.
- Copilot can also help you improve your writing with suggestions that strengthen your arguments or smooth inconsistencies.
- You can even get suggested tones—from professional to passionate and casual to thankful—to help you strike the right note.
Copilot in Microsoft Excel: Unleashing Data Insights and Recommendations
In the realm of data analysis and visualization, Copilot in Microsoft Excel is a powerful ally. We all have those large data sets that we struggle to make sense of when the data looks like numbers in a cell. With the help of Copilot, making meaningful visualizations just got easier. With the help of AI you no longer need to rely on your gut instinct to make decisions on which type of graph is the more impactful, which chart type to use, or which data is the most compelling.
Copilot can findthe data trends, create compelling visualizations, and can help you figure out which variables can help you drive different outcomes. Whether you’re a seasoned data analyst or a business professional seeking insights, Copilot’s capabilities make data-driven decision-making more accessible and efficient.
Example Microsoft Copilot prompts you could use:
- Identify trends, create a powerful visualization that highlights …
- Give me three recommendations to areas I can drive different outcomes in the data
Copilot in Microsoft Outlook: Mastering Email Efficiency
Managing emails can be a daunting task, but Copilot in Microsoft Outlook simplifies the process. We all receive tons of emails that may not be relevant to our jobs, and mixed in that set of emails are critical emails that may require immediate attention. Stop relying on your own attention to detail and let Microsoft Copilot find the important emails for you. With the help of AI you can quickly summarize lengthy email threads, providing a comprehensive understanding of discussions and viewpoints. You can also transform quick notes into crisp, professional messages effortlessly, with Copilot pulling content from various sources within Microsoft 365. Responding to emails becomes more efficient, thanks to Copilot’s ability to adjust tone and length with simple prompts and toggles.
Let Microsoft Copilot help you by:
- Summarize lengthy email threads to understand not only what has been said, but the different viewpoints of each person and the open questions that have yet to be answered.
- Turn quick notes into crisp, professional messages—pulling from other emails or content that you already have access to from across Microsoft 365.
- Respond to an existing email with a simple prompt or use toggles to adjust the tone or length of your note.
Copilot in Microsoft PowerPoint: Revolutionizing Presentation Creation
Creating compelling presentations is an art, and Copilot in Microsoft PowerPoint is the artist’s assistant you never knew you needed. It can transform written documents into visually appealing decks, complete with speaker notes and sources. Condensing lengthy presentations is as simple as clicking a button, and natural language commands allow you to adjust layouts, reformat text, and perfect the timing of animations. Copilot empowers you to deliver impactful presentations without the usual time-consuming efforts.
Example Microsoft Copilot prompts you could use:
- Transform these documents into a slide deck, complete with speaker notes and sources.
- Start a new presentation about how IT (Information Technology) services helps businesses
- Condense my lengthy presentation
- Update my slide deck to use best layouts, reformat text, and perfectly time animations.
Copilot in Microsoft 365 Chat: Your Intelligent Assistant Across Applications
Microsoft 365 Chat serves as the central hub for the Copilot experience. This chat interface has access to your data across various Microsoft work applications, enabling it to answer questions and help with tasks seamlessly. For instance, you can ask Microsoft 365 Chat to “summarize unread messages,” providing you with a concise overview of everything you missed. From catching you up on meetings to finding documents and answering questions based on your content, Microsoft 365 Chat is the intelligent assistant your workflow needs.
Example Microsoft Copilot prompts you could use:
- You can ask Microsoft 365 Chat to “summarize unread messages,” and it will look through all your 365 Applications to give you a concise summary of everything you missed.
- It can also catch you up on meetings, find documents for you, and answer questions based on the content you have in your documents, meetings, chats, and more.
Data Security You Know and Trust with Microsoft Copilot
While all the advances that AI has made are impressive, more impressive is the fact that this tool is built on top of Microsoft default security parameters. Security is a paramount concern in today’s digital landscape, and Microsoft’s Co-Pilot AI addresses these apprehensions with a robust foundation built on Microsoft’s comprehensive approach to security, compliance, and privacy. Integrated seamlessly into Microsoft 365, Co-Pilot automatically inherits your company’s valuable security, compliance, and privacy policies and processes. It embraces essential security measures such as two-factor authentication, compliance boundaries, and privacy protections, making Co-Pilot an AI solution you can trust.
Architecturally designed to safeguard tenant, group, and individual data, Co-Pilot prioritizes data integrity and confidentiality. Concerns about data leakage are mitigated as Co-Pilot’s Large Language Models (LLMs) are not trained on your tenant data or prompts. With a time-tested permissioning model within your tenant, data stays secure across user groups. On an individual level, Co-Pilot presents only data accessible to you, employing technology with a proven record of accomplishment of securing customer data over the years. Rest assured, Co-Pilot prioritizes the security of your data, ensuring a trustworthy and reliable AI solution for your business needs.
As we delve into the myriad capabilities of Microsoft’s Co-Pilot AI, it becomes clear that this innovative tool is not just a technological advancement; it’s a catalyst for transforming the way your business runs. By seamlessly integrating into Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and the centralized Microsoft 365 Chat, Co-Pilot elevates collaboration, streamlines document creation, unlocks data insights, and simplifies email and presentation management.
The possibilities are vast, and the potential for increased productivity and efficiency is significant. If you’re intrigued by the prospect of revolutionizing your workflow and unlocking the full potential of Co-Pilot, we invite you to take the next step. Book a meeting with our team to delve deeper into the possibilities, explore how Co-Pilot can be tailored to meet your specific business needs, and witness firsthand the transformative impact it can have on your daily operations.
Don’tmiss the opportunity to get ahead in the ever-evolving landscape of business technology. Let us guide you on a journey where efficiency meets innovation. Book a meeting with our team today and discover how Microsoft’s Co-Pilot can propel your business to new heights.